Thursday, June 15, 2017

Sentences vs. Fragments

It's time to dust off the old blog and freshen it up with some new resources! As I've probably mentioned in previous posts, one of the expectations I hold my students accountable for throughout the year is writing in complete sentences. As intermediate elementary teachers, this is something we are all capable of doing; regardless of our content areas. Through mini-lessons or modeled writing, I'm always showing my students that complete sentences must have a subject and predicate. I also try to find opportunities to show them,

"Don't let the LENGTH of a sentence fool you! A complete sentence can be just two words long!"

This can be tricky for them to retain, but it's vital knowledge. I created some task cards to help me reinforce complete sentence skills to my students.




In the fall, I'll use these after reviewing "subject + predicate = complete sentence," but before introducing compound sentences. Since I'll also be teaching science this school year, the content of the task cards is weather-related! Horay for cross-curricular resources!

Happy summer and WRITE ON!


16 comments:

  1. Wow interesting! !!first i was read this article i was amaze,hope many readers you may help.. Goodluck!!

    BlackCloud Injectors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!

    click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for some information.You give me some idea's.Keep posting.

    Have you seen Site Shoretel Support

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! the title may sound interesting...I will tell it to my friends..thanks

    Pottery Place Outdoor Decor Warehouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome and cool,hope you inspire all youth generation,long live!


    Inflow Comm San Jose Shoretel Support

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!

    Outrageous BlackCloud Dodge Injectors

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this saying "Don't let the LENGTH of a sentence fool you! A complete sentence can be just two words long!"
    Outrageous VICIdial

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome and cool,hope you inspire all youth generation,long live!


    Amazed at Namamura Maui Wedding Planners

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Don't let the LENGTH of a sentence fool you! A complete sentence can be just two words long!".. I love your article and I love reading your blog
    Breast Cancer

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm learning a lot from this blog, keep posting thanks!
    Hiking Boots

    ReplyDelete

  11. Your blog is very interesting so keep on blogging. I'm looking forward for your next post.



    We loved Gerber Audi Tuning

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing this. its very informative and very interesting. keep posting more
    We tried Cloud Contact Center

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could you please change the font of your wesbsite. I love what you do but it is hard to read. Regular font would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

    ReplyDelete